* Prescribed application form TM1/TM2.
* 8 clear reproduction of the sign, logo or Trademark, of any color, form or
* List of goods or services to which the Trademark would apply.
* Power of Attorney if applied through an advocate / Agent.
* Pay Order / Bank Draft of Rs.1000/- in the name of Director General, IPO-Pakistan. Initially Trademark is registered for 10 (Ten) years from the filing date. The Trademarks registration can be renewed after every 10 (Ten) years.It is advisable that a search may be made of the Trademarks Register to ensure whether there are any similar or identical marks on the Register. Search request can be filed on Form TM-55 with a Pay Order / Bank Draft of Rs. 500 for search of one mark in one class only.
After the search of the Register, application is made on Form TM-1/TM-2 for one mark in one class with pay order / Bank Draft of Rs.1000/-
Acknowledgement Receipt by the Trade Mark Registry is issued to the applicant within 10-15 days.
Examination Report is generated after 3 months. If there are any objections on the applied trademark, they are communicated to the applicant immediately in the form of Show Cause Notice. The applicant is required to submit a reply within two months of the issue of Show Cause Notice.
If there are no objections application is published in the Trade Mark Journal. If no oppositions are filed to the published application within two months of the publication date of the relevant Trademark Journal, the application stands accepted, and s Demand Notice is then issued to the applicant requesting him/her to submit registration fee so that the registration Certificate may be issued.
On the receipt of the Registration fee, the Registration Certificate is issued.All Trademarks forms are available on www.ipo.gov.pk.