* Law of the Republic of Tajikistan on Trade and Service Marks, passed on December 27, 2006, in force as of March 5, 2007.
MEMBERSHIP IN INTERNATIONAL CONVENTIONS
* Paris Convention, as of February 14, 1994.
* Madrid Agreement, as of February 14, 1994.
* Power of Attorney, no legalization (if the application is filed through a local agent);
* Prints of the sign to be protected (10 prints 8 x 8 cm);
* List of goods and services, according to the International Classification; one application may include goods belonging to more than one International Class (to be translated into Tajik (Farsi) or Russian);
* Priority document, if any (to be filed within three months from the filing date).
Kinds of protection: trade marks and service marks (wordmarks, device marks and combinations thereof, 3-dimensional marks, sound and light marks). Besides the original version, filing of wordmark applications in the Cyrillic alphabet is highly recommended, as the Tajik language uses the Cyrillic alphabet, and Russian still being a parallel language in this country.
Obligation to use the registered mark: compulsory. A trade mark which is not used during any three-year period after the registration date (or the last date of use), may be cancelled upon request filed by an interested party.
Duration - renewals: 10-year period after the filing date or last renewal date.
Opposition: not provided for.